Baker Hughes G E Company
Assist Fabrication Technicians learning how to preform and deliver Fabrication and welding operational support for the BHGE Flexible pipeline systems whilst learning on the job and studying for a Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard in Fabrication and Welding.
Day to day duties will include
- Multi Coded Welding
- Forming / cutting various metallic materials
- Burning using Oxy-Fuel / Plasma processes
- Operating Fabrication machinery and equipment
- Working at Height
- Maintenance and Inspection of BHGE equipment and Reel Fleet.
- Produce drawings using CAD
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths, English, IT, and a science.
Currently studying / training for additional engineering or academic qualification (or equivalent).Required Skills:
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for Engineering
- Enjoys working in a team and treats everyone with respect in order to achieve goals
- Likes to plan ahead and see tasks through from start to finish
- Enjoys coming up with creative solutions to problems
- Is excited by a challenge and pay attention to detail
- Great communication skills and has the confidence to ask questions
- Enjoy sharing learning knowledge and experiences will colleagues and other apprentices
- Take pride in doing your best, even in challenging conditions
- Has a real desire to learn and improve your knowledge and skills
- Behaviour - Appearance, cooperation, responsibility, impression, feedback, work ethic and enthusiasm
- Cognitive – Learning ability, problem solving, health and safety, punctuality, awareness of time restraints, attendance, and initiative
- Practical – Technical skills, quality of work, working to training program schedule
For the right candidate, there may be opportunities for career development within the organisation should a vacancy be available.
About the employer
Baker Hughes G E Company
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE: BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services, and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport, and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively, and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines, and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a start-up – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.