Apprentice Mechanical/Electrical Technician (Hexham)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Duties will include:
- To ensure that vehicles required for service are serviced at the highest possible standard and that the instructions of the Fleet Engineer in this respect are carried out
- To carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner
- To handle vehicles and any other Company equipment with due care and attention
- In the event of breakdowns, accidents, changeovers, ensure the safety and comfort of passengers and co-operate with Police, DVSA and Local Authorities
- To ensure that equipment and cleaning materials are not abused and any faults are reported to Management
- To ensure compliance with the Factories Act, Health and Safety at Work Act or any other Acts, rules or regulations which the company adheres to
- To ensure the compliance of the company’s policies and procedures at all times
- GCSE or equivalents in maths A - C / 4 - 7
- GCSE or equivalents in English A - C / 4- 7
- GCSE or equivalents in science subject A - C/ 4 - 7
- Be a proactive positive team member
- Be flexible and be able to adapt to the companies needs when requested
- Applicants must have a genuine desire / passion for all of the various aspects of motor vehicle engineering
- Whilst no previous engineering experience is expected or essential, a good understanding of such matters would be an advantage
Possible continued employment subject to a minimum of 6-month probationary period.
About the employer
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Around 200,000 people use Go North East bus services every day to travel around this wonderful region. Travelling to work or education, to visit friends and family, to have a night out, or to visit one of the region's many tourist and leisure attractions.
For over 100 years, Go North East has connected the region's towns and villages with the cities of Newcastle, Durham and Sunderland and currently operates across Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, County Durham and into Tees Valley.
Employing over 2,000 local people, with a fleet of almost 700 buses and coaches and an annual turnover of £100m, the company is the regional subsidiary of the Go-Ahead Group plc, one of the UK's leading providers of passenger transport.
Go North East has a reputation for being passionate about service and innovation and a strong reputation for being a flexible and innovative partner – with both the private and public sector.
The company is dedicated to engaging with local communities through its innovative, branded bus routes which not only engender community pride but business success.