Business Administrator Apprentice
What will the apprentice be doing?
Primarily based in the office at the Cake Stories Bakehouse, you will work closely with the Cake Stories owners and Operations team to provide administrative support for all activities within Cake Stories. These tasks will include:
- Replying to customer emails
- Collating wholesale & online order information & prepare labels and other paperwork for cake orders
- Preparing paperwork for the daily fulfilment of online orders
- Preparing online orders ready for dispatch (labelling boxes and message cards, packing boxes etc)
- Preparing quotes, price lists & invoices
- Update recipes and enter nutritional information into database
- Printing contracts, forms and other documents required to support the shop teams in Jesmond & Byker.
- Running stock and turnover reports providing basic analysis to ops team
- Administrate product & ingredient database to ensure validity of data
- Administrate till system, ensuring products are live and data is accurate for the shop teams
- Helping to keep the office space, equipment, resources and environment coordinated, replenished organised and tidy
- Any other tasks reasonably required across the Cake Stories business operations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards the Level 3 Business Administrator standard with Gateshead College.
- Maths and English to Level 2 required, if not already achieved
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour in relation to: customer service principles and practices, business principles, technical competencies, knowledge and understating; research activities, commercial awareness, managing challenging situations and taking ownership, and health and safety.
- Ongoing assessment by the employer and provider – for example, meetings with apprentice, employer and learning provider, observations of workplace, gathering evidence.
- Undertake a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to enable them to see whether they are confident that they have taken on board all aspects of the occupation. This self-assessment must be submitted to the independent end point assessor as a source of evidence to prepare for independent End Point Assessment which will include a showcase portfolio; a project; an employer reference and a structured interview about their portfolio and project.
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/4-9) Essential
- GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade A*-C/4-9) Essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/4-9) Essential
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- Positive outlook
- Honest & Trustworthy
Possible progression to full time employment on successful completion of apprenticeship
About the employer