Customer Experience Host Apprentice
MATFEN HALL LIMITED
Customer Experience staff have an incredibly important role to play at Matfen Hall and are at the centre of what we strive to achieve - an excellent experience for all of our guests.
This opportunity will kickstart your career and allow you to learn all aspects of the industry with potential career routes in the future within our business, or others, all at the same time as gaining a qualification. If you are thinking about working at this breath-taking retreat then please ask yourself these questions:
- Would you like to work in a beautiful, prestigious, environment surrounded by a hard-working, friendly team?
- Would you like to provide an uplifting, outstanding experience for customers in our hotel?
- Would you like to work for an employer who values employee well-being?
- Finally, would you like to benefit from our amazing employee perks such as, gym and swim membership, generous staff discounts and a quality uniform to wear during your working hours?
If your answer is ‘yes’ then this is the job for you.
Customer Experience Staff Responsibilities
- Warmly welcome guests to commence their Matfen Hall journey
- Understand all of Matfen Hall Hotel's room options, room rates, packages, promotions and facilities and be confident in booking and upselling these services
- Manage walk-in, online and telephone reservations. Create, amend and cancel hotel and dining reservations.
- Create positive inter-departmental relationships to elevate the guest experience
- Assist with the planning and management of private events
- Produce marketing material for events and promote on social media
- Effectively communicate with the relevant staff about food and beverage and bedroom requests
- Facilitate check-out of guests, accurately produce accommodation bills and actively seek guest experience feedback
- Handle and direct emails and phone calls and effectively respond to general queries.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment
No formal qualifications required - you will complete L2 maths & English as part of the apprenticeshipRequired Skills:
- Excellent verbal communication and writing accuracy
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to remain composed, particularly during busy periods
- Outgoing and personable with a positive, 'can do' attitude
- Desire to progress within the Hospitality industry
- Ability to prioritise a customer’s viewpoint in any decision-making process
- Must have own transport or ability to travel to Matfen Hall
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Competent level of IT proficiency
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- High standards of personal hygiene and appearance
- Physically fit
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Willingness to perform additional duties to facilitate the hotel operations, as needed
We are passionate about developing our people and supporting them in their careers. There is the possibility of full time employment and promotional opportunities for the right person.
About the employer
MATFEN HALL LIMITED
Rich in heritage, atmosphere and space, the Matfen Hall estate provides an unequalled paradise to stay, spa and golf in, nestled away in the heart of historic Northumberland. Set in over 300 acres of unique parkland, this is a place for couples to relax, families to explore and friends to enjoy.
Boasting an impressive history dating back to the 17th century, today, we look forward to sharing the unmistakable Matfen Hall experience with guests near and far. With 53 bedrooms, five dining areas to eat and drink in, The Retreat at Matfen Hall to relax in, and a championship golf course to enjoy, we’ll provide you with the opportunity to indulge each one of your senses during your stay with us.