Customer Service Apprentice
The Cycle Hub Ltd
We focus on inclusion and whilst we’re a cycling cafe, we welcome cyclists and non cyclists. We’re a safe space for anyone to pop in and enjoy the amazing view. Our focus is on people and we like to be a flexible and caring employer.
Duties will include;
- Barista training will begin as soon as you start, developing your skills over time and learning how to make coffees of all types.
- Preparation of food such as bacon butties, home baked scones and sandwiches forms part of the role
- Serving customers
- Taking customer orders
- Selling food and drinks
- Preparing food and drink orders and taking the order to the customers.
- Full training is given and you will work as part of a team.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and H&S at all times
- There is lots of variety in the job, with a focus on customer service in a warm, friendly environment.
Maths & English GCSE grades A-C/4-9Required Skills:
- Passion for delivery high levels of customer service
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Ability to remain composed, particularly during busy periods
- The successful candidate must be interested in food and coffee! An interest in cycling would be a bonus.
Possibility of full time employment on succesful completion of apprenticeship
About the employer
The Cycle Hub Ltd
Welcome to Newcastle Upon Tyne’s original bike café and workshop, serving up the tastiest coffee, cakes and cycling expertise since 2012. Born out of a love for bikes, we’re one caring community built on enthusiasm, friendship and fun. Whether you’re an avid cyclist, or a non-cyclist, our space is for everyone - so pop down and say hello!
We are serving a full menu of freshly made sandwiches, freshly baked sausage rolls (vegan option) from Zoccolans Baked Goods, an amazing selection of cakes from the Cake Stories bakery and every day we’re cooking up a storm with our famous Bacon Butties. If Iced lollies are your thing, call in for a Magnum or a Solero – we stock the Walls range of lollies. We also have tonnes of cold drinks to quench your thirst and of course we offer fabulous coffee every day of the week from 8.30am until 5pm.
The great thing to come out of Covid is the Kitchen Takeaway Hatch. On busy weekends we will open up the hatch to ensure you don’t have to wait in a long queue if you’re hoping to ‘grab and go’.