Hospitality Experience Apprentice
MATFEN HALL LIMITED
This opportunity will start your career and allow you to learn all parts of the industry with potential career routes in the future within our business. or others, all at the same time as gaining a qualification. If you are thinking about working at this breathtaking retreat then please ask yourself these questions:
- Would you like to work in a beautiful, prestigious, environment surrounded by a hard-working, friendly team?
- Would you like to provide an uplifting, outstanding experience for customers in our hotel?
- Would you like to work for an employer who values all of their employees' well-being?
- Finally, would you like to be a part of all of our unique perks that we offer for employees such as, spa membership, gym membership, generous staff discounts and a beautiful uniform to wear during your working hours?
If your answer is ‘yes’ then this job is for you.
Hospitality Experience Responsibilities:
- Creating a friendly and inviting relationship with the customers to make them feel valued and looked after during their visit, creating long lasting relationships
- Communicating effectively with the team you are working with to ensure that customers' expectations are met and exceeded
- Preparing our exceptional food and heavenly beverages to be served to customers
- Exceeding customers expectations by doing the most you can do to provide the best experience for the customer
- Preparing the hotel before and after service to a satisfactory standard for guests
- Resolving guest queries in an efficient and effective way in order to ensure the customer is happy with their experience
- Listening to customer’s requests and ensuring they are attended to
- Meeting health and safety requirements
- Providing a unique and personal experience for the customer
- No formal qualifications required - you will complete L2 maths & English as part of the apprenticeship
- Proven experience in a similar role (desirable)
- Excellent verbal communication and writing accuracy
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to remain composed, particularly during busy periods
- Outgoing and personable
- Must have own transport or ability to travel to Matfen Hall
- High standards of personal hygiene and appearance
- Wearing and maintaining the prescribed uniform
- Physically fit
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Willingness to perform additional duties to facilitate the hotel operations, as needed
- We are passionate about developing our people and supporting them in their careers
- There is the possibility of full time employment and promotional opportunities for the right person
About the employer
MATFEN HALL LIMITED
Rich in heritage, atmosphere and space, the Matfen Hall estate provides an unequalled paradise to stay, spa and golf in, nestled away in the heart of historic Northumberland. Set in over 300 acres of unique parkland, this is a place for couples to relax, families to explore and friends to enjoy.
Boasting an impressive history dating back to the 17th century, today, we look forward to sharing the unmistakable Matfen Hall experience with guests near and far. With 53 bedrooms, five dining areas to eat and drink in, The Retreat at Matfen Hall to relax in, and a championship golf course to enjoy, we’ll provide you with the opportunity to indulge each one of your senses during your stay with us.