Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship
Pilkington Uk Ltd
The main purpose of the role is to be the customer’s first point of contact at the Gateshead branch, providing a first-class level of customer service and customer satisfaction that is considered ‘Best In Glass’.
The successful candidate will actively contribute towards achieving departmental and business objectives as part of the Pilkington Gateshead team by effectively carrying out day to day activities which entail face to face customer service both at our Trade Counter and in telephone sales; producing sales estimates; and demonstrating extensive knowledge of our products.
- To provide estimates for Stock/Cut/IGU’s/Fire Products & Processed enquiries. Maximising the potential conversion of these enquiries into Sales via the Commercial Representative. Record ALL copies of estimates through branch filing system
- Alcib System – work with company ALCIB sales system (training provided)
- Make amendments to Customer Price Rates
- Cover counter duties as and when necessary including Cash up & Bank daily
- Maintain & update Product library/estimate archive & ABC Tariff
- Provide information for the Branch Manager’s project(s) work when necessary
GCSE in English and maths 4-9/A*-C (or equivalent).Required Skills:
- Good verbal manner and strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Proactive and flexible
- Good IT skills
- Strong maths skills
- Able to meet deadlines
- Being courteous and professional
- Being confident, thorough and collaborative
- Work well as part of team
- Sales orientated
- Customer service or client management experience as well as the ability to read drawings would be advantageous
- Passion for Excellence - Shows resilience by consistently displaying a positive outlook and responding resourcefully when faced with new challenges and demands
- Engages & Inspires Others - Works collaboratively and builds trust to develop enduring working relationships with others
- Customer Focused - Actively seeks to understand internal and external customer circumstances, problems, expectations and needs
Upon the successful completion of the Apprenticeship programme, the candidate will have the opportunity to become a Customer Service Representative within the Pilkington Gateshead team.
About the employer
Pilkington Uk Ltd
The NSG Group is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of glass and glazing products for the Architectural, Automotive and Technical Glass sectors.
With around 28,000 permanent employees, the Group has principal manufacturing operations in 30 countries and sales in over 130. With just over a third of our sales in Europe, around a third are in Japan and the rest are primarily in North and South America, South East Asia and China.
In June 2006, the NSG Group acquired Pilkington, renowned for the invention of the Float Glass process, which revolutionized the world’s glass industry. The globally recognised Pilkington brand is widely used in our Architectural and Automotive businesses.