Access to Higher Education Diploma: Health
Mon Sep 06 2021
Day / Time
Ever considered a job in health? Well there could never be a better time to do it. The NHS has the largest percentage of employment with some 1.2 million which is larger than any other sectorin the UK. The government have confirmed the new £5000 financial support from September2020 to students studying to become nurses, paramedics, radiographers and physiotherapists will be among just some of the health students receiving the new financial support and does not have to be paid back.
If you dream of working as a health professional but don't have the qualifications you need, then our Access to HE Diploma for Health Professionals could be for you.
Our Access to HE Diplomas provide the ideal way to get on track if you don’t hold the necessary qualifications that you need to get onto a degree course. They will give you the stepping stone to success and support towards a University place.
Our courses provide a QAA verified level 3 qualification, which prepares our students for life on a degree programme. All our courses run at times to fit around family commitments and better still you could be studying for free. We even offer our students free car parking and run a childcare voucher scheme.
The Diploma consists of Level 3 academic subject sets and a study skills unit comprising of:
- Psychological Aspects of Health and Illness
- Professional Skills in Health Care
- Health Promotion
- Higher Skills in Mathematics – Statistical Analysis of Data, Data Collection,
- Human Biology, Health
- Humans Against Disease
- English Language
This course is not a higher education programme but is designed upon
successful completion to enable you to go on to study a higher education course.
Before coming to one of our enrolment events you need to know which Access to HE
Diploma you need to study to get onto your degree course.
- Access to Higher Education courses are designed for adults who would like to study at university but who currently don’t have the qualifications they need, such as A Levels
- The Access to HE Diploma is offered by providers and accepted by universities throughout England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland
- Through Access courses students can achieve the Access to HE Diploma, awarded by One Awards, which is regulated by QAA (The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education)
- Each year around 40,000 students enroll on Access to HE courses across England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- One Awards works with providers to award the Access to HE Diploma; over 2500 students each year are registered on the qualification with a view to progressing onto Higher Education or employment
- The Access to HE Diploma is funded for students aged 19-23 without a current level 3 qualification. Those aged 19 and above can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan to cover the course fees and, if students successfully complete their HE course, it will be written off
- To be awarded the Access to HE Diploma students must achieve units totaling 60 credits, 45 credits are from graded units at Level 3 and 15 credits are from ungraded units at Level 2 or 3
- Assessment is internally set, flexible and tailored to individual student needs. Units totaling 45 credits are graded Pass, Merit or Distinction to help students demonstrate to universities the standard they have achieved. The remaining 15 credits are ungraded.
Our teachers are ambitious, talented and passionate about making your experience at college the very best it can be. They have up to date industry experience to share with you and the energy and enthusiasm to help you to get where you need to be.
Upon applying for the Diploma you will need to have an interview, complete initial assessments for maths, English and comprehension, at one of our enrolment events, before being accepted on the course. You will be provided with an invite to an interview at one of our open events and be given information on how you can prepare.
Typical undergraduate destinations for our students include Midwifery, Nursing, Food and Nutrition, Operating Department Practice, Public Health, Physiological Sciences, Paramedics, Childcare Occupations, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy.
It has now been confirmed that students on degree courses relating to the above fields of study will be eligible for a £5,000 per year bursary. Please go here for more information.
By using http://www.ucas.com you can search the subject to find which university offers which degree programme and what the entry requirements for the course are. If you are unable to find the information you need, every higher education institution has admissions staff who will be happy to help you with course information.
You must be over 18 years old to apply for this course.
For suitable courses 16-18 year olds please see our School Leavers offer.