Level 2 Professional Cookery
Wed Sep 08 2021
Day / Time
Join us and some of the best restaurants and tourism businesses in the region to build the skills and knowledge you need to step into employment, secure an apprenticeship or progress to our Level 3 Professional Cookery course.
On this year-long, nationally recognised qualification, you'll gain the essential skills and knowledge of the industry, train as part of our professional team in our student-run restaurant Enfields Kitchen and work with our partners which include Peach and Loaf, Marriott Hotels, Beamish Hall Hotel and Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, Bar and Grill.
Past students have enjoyed great success including employment with top North East eateries such as Terry Laybourne's Broad Chare and 21, House of Tides, Seaham Hall, Six at BALTIC, Crowne Plaza, Jesmond Dene House, as well as prestigious hotels including The Ritz London.
During the course, you'll enjoy a range of modules including:
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Maintain and handle knives
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Prepare fish for basic dishes
- Cook and finish basic fish dishes
- Prepare meat for basic dishes
- Cook and finish basic meat dishes
- Prepare vegetables for basic dishes
- Cook and finish basic vegetable dishes
- Prepare poultry for basic dishes
- Cook and finish basic poultry
- Maintain food safety when storing preparing and cooking food.
- Prepare, cook and finish basic hot and cold desserts
- Prepare, cook and finish basic pastry products
- Prepare, cook and finish basic cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones
- Prepare, cook and finish basic bread and dough products
- Prepare cook and finish basic hot sauces
The course can lead into a job, an apprenticeship or onto our Level 3 Professional Cooker course.
Fast Track to an Apprenticeship
If you'd like to do an apprenticeship but can't find a vacancy to suit you, don't worry. You can start on this course and then fast-track to an apprenticeship part-way through once a vacancy becomes available and if you're making good progress on the course.
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free or reduced price course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
If you already have a full level 3 qualification and are aged 19 years over, you can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan or pay the fee upfront in full and qualify for a 10% discount.
You can get more information at our enrolment events, by calling 0191 490 2246 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications