Level 2 Travel, Hospitality and Aviation.
Mon Sep 05 2022
Day / Time
Do you have ambitions to work in the fast paced travel industry whether that’s in a travel agency, hotel or in aviation. If so then this is the course for you. On this year-long nationally recognised qualification, you’ll gain the essential skills and knowledge to find employment or an apprenticeship in a Travel and Tourism, Hospitality or Cabin Crew role.
You will build confidence and develop a skillset through placements in real working environments to support progression to a Level 3 course or to enable you to enter the workplace. Past students have secured a wide range of roles including customer service at Newcastle Airport, check-in and cabin crew with Jet2, holiday representative work, hotel receptionist with Hilton and holiday sales advisors with TUI and Hays Travel.
This course will provide you the knowledge and skills you need to pursue a career in travel and tourism, hospitality and aviation and support you to achieve your career aspirations. Throughout the course you’ll develop your skills through a mixture of practical hands-on activities and classroom work to learn about:
- How to deal with customers and exceed their expectations when selling them a holiday, checking them in at the airport or hotel, serving them drinks on an aircraft or looking after them in resort.
- How to handle complaints and deal with difficult customers.
- Team working and how to develop working relationships with colleagues.
- How to research and market popular overseas tourist destinations
- An understanding of the structure of the travel industry including: transport (road, rail, air and sea), accommodation (serviced and non-serviced), tour operations, travel agents. visitor attractions, guiding and information services and ancillary services.
- The requirements, knowledge and skills needed to apply for jobs such as Cabin Crew, Holiday Reps, Hotel Receptionist, Airport Check-in, Travel Agent, Tourist Information Officer. Events coordinator etc.
- Airlines and airports, looking at classes of travel, destinations and all the services and facilities available to travellers.
Our teachers are ambitious, talented and passionate about making your experience at college the very best it can be. They have all worked in the travel sector and have up to date industry experience to share with you and the energy and enthusiasm to help you to get where you need to be.
We also offer Masterclasses which are delivered by industry experts. You will also have access to our very own online Travel Training Academy.
We're connected with some of the best travel businesses in the region to give you a real insight into the world of work and a valuable work placement. Partners include Jet2, Swissport, Jet2, local hotels such as Jury's inn, Crowne Plaza and Hilton as well as retail travel agents; TUI, Dawson & Sanderson and Hays Travel.
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free or reduced price course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
If you already have a full level 3 qualification and are aged 19 years over, you can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan or pay the fee upfront in full and qualify for a 10% discount.
You can get more information at our enrolment events, by calling 0191 490 2246 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications