Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning (Wed 5-8pm)
Wed Sep 15 2021
Day / Time
Wednesdays 5pm to 8pm
If you want to work as a teaching assistant, classroom assistant, learning support assistant or special needs assistant in a primary, secondary, special school, and Further Education, this course is for you.
You must be at least 16 years of age and be working in a school at foundation stage, or key stages 1-4, for the whole period of the course. It is expected that a teaching assistant at this level has a wide range of responsibilities within the school, either as a paid employee or regular volunteer.
The course covers the following units: - The course covers the following units:-
• Child Protection
• Importance of positive relationships
• Supporting learning activities
• Equality, diversity and inclusion
• Observation and Assessment
• Schools as organisations
You will be assessed using a wide range of assessment methods which will include,
• Observation of your practice within your placement setting x 2
• Professional discussion carried out by your college assessor
• Reflective accounts of your own practice
• Written assignments
You will be required to submit your work using a virtual platform.
You will be required to undergo two days per week mandatory placement within a school setting ( negotiable with CL ) . This will give you the opportunity to develop competence within the classroom your competency will be assessed by qualified assessors. Competency of practice will need to be met to complete the qualification.
- File for portfolio
- DBS clearance
- College Uniform Optional
- Course handbook
Your next steps would be to either progress into the working within schools.
You could also subject to interview progress onto a level 4 or Foundation Degree in Education.
• At least one years’ experience working with children
• Level 2 qualification in literacy and numeracy (or be working towards this)
• A basic knowledge of ICT skills (as all assignments need to be word processed)
• We welcome applicants who have already completed the level 2 award.
Course Application is subject to an interview and you will also be required to complete a DBS application.
You will be required to complete a course interview and initial diagnostic assessment prior to being offered a place on this course.