Level 3 Diploma in Sport, Coaching and Development
Day / Time
Up to 2 years
Academy for Sport
This course is right for you if you want to take your sports knowledge, skills and ability to the next level. This two year programme will cover a wide range of sport related topics to prepare you for the next steps in your career whether this is a job, an apprenticeship or a university programme in sport.
This course covers various units giving you an extensive range of knowledge and practical skills.
Year 1 Extended Certificate in Sports Coaching
You will study the following units in your first academic year:
- Careers in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry
- Health, wellbeing and Sport
- Developing Coaching skills
Year 2 Diploma in Sport, Coaching and Development
You will study the following units in your second academic year:
- D1: Applied Coaching skills
- Unit 1: Sports development
- Unit 2: Self-employment in sport and physical activity
- Unit 14: Organising Events in Sport and Physical Activities
You will also study towards an English GCSE alongside your sport course with our expert English teaching team.
All students also take part in Personal and Social development lessons with topics ranging from job applications to personal finance.
You will have the opportunity to join of one of our nine sport academies, where you will get:
- Up to 9 hours of professional training each week, access to competitions and specialist sport academy coaches
- Free access to physiotherapy assessments and treatment
- The opportunity to compete in local, national and international competitions
- A personalised training and development programme
Academy sports available are: Mens Football, Womens Football, Mens Rugby, Womens Rugby, Netball, Basketball, Boxing, Athletics and Cricket and all academies can cater from participation level right up to elite athletes.
All academy members will be given free Adidas kit worth £79. If you do not wish to join one of our academies, you will undertake an employment related project designed to develop further your employability skills.
If you plan to go to university after college you will need to earn the right number of UCAS points to meet the entry criteria for the university you want to study at.
After completing an Extended Diploma in Sport you will have between 48 and 168 UCAS points depending on your grade profile.
After completing a Diploma in Sport you will have between 32 and 112 UCAS points depending on your grade profile.
Alternatively you might prefer to look for an apprenticeship or job in the industry and will be able to take your new knowledge to get you there.
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications