Level 3 in Health & Social Care
Mon Sep 06 2021
Day / Time
Looking for a future in a flexible and fast moving industry where the focus is on the individual? Then look no further. Health and social care is the course for you. The opportunities are so diverse you will definitely find something to suit you.
In the first year, we will give you the basic background of life in health and social care. You will study the following:
- Unit 1 Human Lifespan Development – we will explore the fascinating course of life from conception to death and will enter into the nature vs. nurture debate
- Unit 2 Working in Health and Social Care – here we will examine some of the different roles and responsibilities within a health & social care team and look at how they support individuals
- Unit 5 Meeting Individual Needs – this unit will look at different individuals with very different needs and through case studies will explore how their holistic needs are supported
- Unit 6 Work Experience – here your experience in the placement setting will support you to look at your personal development and what you need to do to achieve your personal goal
- Unit 7 Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care Settings – there are two aspects of safe practices which will be explored. We will plan activities focused of assessing the risks involved and we will also look at our role in safeguarding the people we look after
- Unit 8 Promoting Public Health – we will compare the health of people in different areas of the country and how government policy is linked to health education
- Unit 14 Physiological Disorders – This unit will enable you to explore the background of different diseases and how the health care in our local area influences their treatment
In the second year the units are more challenging and will really stretch and widen your understanding of the challenging and changing nature of the health and social care sector.
We'll assess your progress as you go through the programme, giving you feedback to help you to improve where needed. Assessments will be marked against the standards of the awarding body.
You will link your knowledge to case studies and your practical placement experience will enable you to demonstrate your understanding.
Your progress will be assesed through a combination of exams and assignments in both years. Exams are sat in January.
If you choose to top-up to the extended diploma in year 2 then you will advance and extend your skills and understanding. You will undertake an exciting research controlled assessment which will enable you to demonstrate just how far you have come. There is a further exam and the remainder of the units are assignment based so you can show off your skills.
Your teaching team are ethusiastic experts who regularly return to industry to update their knowledge and keep up their skillset up to date. They will motivate and encourage you to build your skills and confidence and there will always be someone to support you.
The work experience opportunities we offer with our network of employer partners is what sets this course apart from the rest.
You'll put the skills you've learnt into practice on work placements in a range of care settings.
You'll need to buy a uniform for placements, a textbook and some stationary. We'll let you know the costs of these items during the appliation process. Funding is available to help cover these costs for those who meet the eligibility criteria.
After the course you can secure a place at university where you might study nursing, social work, psychology, criminology or education.
Or we'll support you to find a job; many of our students are offered work from their work placement employer.
Whichever route you decide to take, you'll receive one to one support from your teaching team and our award winning careers advisors.
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free or reduced price course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
If you already have a full level 3 qualification and are aged 19 years over, you can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan or pay the fee upfront in full and qualify for a 10% discount.
You can get more information at our enrolment events, by calling 0191 490 2246 or email us at email@example.com
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications