Level 3 Personal Training and Instruction
Mon Sep 07 2020
Day / Time
Academy for Sport
This programme aimed at individuals who are already a qualified fitness instructor. The aim of this qualification is to develop the skills, knowledge and competence required in order to work unsupervised as a personal trainer.
This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
• Develop their understanding of anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness.
• Understand the roles and career pathways available in active leisure.
• Be able to plan and instruct safe and effective exercise and physical activity sessions.
• Be able to deliver safe and effective personal training sessions.
• Be able to deliver exceptional customer service.
• Be able to manage their personal and professional development.
• Be able to develop enterprise skills.
• Be able to market and sell products and services.
• Understand how technology is used within physical activity, fitness, sport and exercise.
You will take part in Personal and Social development lessons with topics ranging from job applications to personal finance.
You will have the opportunity to join of one of our nine sport academies, where you will get:
• Up to 9 hours of professional training each week, access to
competitions and specialist sport academy coaches
• Free access to physiotherapy assessments and treatment
• The opportunity to compete in local, national and international competitions
• A personalised training and development programme
Academy sports available are: Mens Football, Womens Football, Mens Rugby, Womens Rugby, Netball, Basketball, Boxing, Athletics and Cricket and all academies can cater from participation level right up to elite athletes. All academy members will be given free Adidas kit worth £79. If you do not wish to join one of our academies, you will undertake an employment related project designed to develop further your employability skills.
Within this qualification there are a number of assessments. One will be externally set, which will be an externally marked multiple-choice theory exams sat under invigilated conditions.
In addition to the knowledge-based assessment, there are a number of smaller practical assessments which reflect the processes, techniques, skills and industry requirements of a fitness instructor and personal trainer. These assessments help prepare you for employment in these job roles.
Lastly, there is an externally marked multiple choice theory exam and the
externally set, externally marked video analysis of a client consultation and
personal training session contribute to more than 30% of this
• Classrooms equipped with integrated IT
• Sports science and sports therapy facilities
• Performance lab
• Aerobics studio
• Combat studio
• Learning resource centre
• Student run fitness suite
• 83m long athletics hall
• Outdoor artificial and grass pitches floodlit throwing area
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications