Level 3 Sport
Day / Time
Academy for Sport
This course is right for you if you want to take your sports knowledge, skills and ability to the next level. This two year programme will cover a wide range of sport related topics to prepare you for the next steps in your career whether this is a job, an apprenticeship or a university programme in sport.
This course covers 19 units giving you an extensive range of
knowledge and practical skills.
- Anatomy & Phyioslogy
- Physiology of Fitness
- Work Experience
- Practical Team Sport
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- Fitness Testing
- Fitness Training
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Sports Development
- Practical Individual Sport
- Sports Coaching
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Rules & Regulations
- Psychology of Sport
- Sports Massage
- Sports Injuries
- Current Issues in Sport
You will also study towards an English or Maths GCSE alongside your sport course with our expert English and Maths teaching team. All students also take part in Personal and Social development lessons with topics ranging from job applications to personal finance.
You will have the opportunity to join of one of our nine sport academies, where you will get:
• Up to 9 hours of professional training each week, access to
competitions and specialist sport academy coaches
• Free access to physiotherapy assessments and treatment
• The opportunity to compete in local, national and international competitions
• A personalised training and development programme
Academy sports available are: Mens Football, Womens Football, Mens Rugby, Womens Rugby, Netball, Basketball, Boxing, Athletics and Cricket and all academies can cater from participation level right up to elite athletes.
All academy members will be given free Adidas kit worth £79! If you do not wish to join one of our academies, you will undertake an employment related project designed to develop further your employability skills.
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications