Level 3 Sport and Exercise Science
Day / Time
Academy for Sport
This course gives you the knowledge and skills to be able to apply the principles of science to enhancing sports performance and develop the foundations for a career in Sport.
You’ll have the opportunity to study a wide range of scientific concepts in a sporting context and complete a work placement.
The units you will study in the first year are:
- Fitness Testing
- Research Methods
- Practical Team Sports
- Sports Massage
- Work Experience
- Sports Injuries
In the second year you will cover:
- Sports Coaching
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Research Project
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- Applied Physiology
You will have the opportunity to join of one of our nine sport academies, where you will get:
• Up to 9 hours of professional training each week, access to
competitions and specialist sport academy coaches
• Free access to physiotherapy assessments and treatment
• The opportunity to compete in local, national and international competitions
• A personalised training and development programme
Academy sports available are: Mens Football, Womens Football, Mens Rugby, Womens Rugby, Netball, Basketball, Boxing, Athletics and Cricket and all academies can cater from participation level right up to elite athletes.
All academy members will be given free Adidas kit worth £79. If you do not
wish to join one of our academies, you will undertake an employment related
project designed to develop further your employability
Academy for Sport is home to the college's sports students and prestigious sports academies who train alongside elite athletes who use the facility. The state-of-the-art academy offers:
• Classrooms equipped with integrated IT
• Sports science and sports therapy facilities
• Performance lab
• Aerobics studio
• Combat studio
• Learning resource centre
• Student run fitness suite
• 83m long athletics hall
• Outdoor artificial and grass pitches floodlit throwing area
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free or reduced price course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
If you already have a full level 3 qualification and are aged 19 years over, you can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan or pay the fee upfront in full and qualify for a 10% discount.
You can get more information at our enrolment events, by calling 0191 490 2246 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications